Saturday, July 4, 2015

Top 5 Steven Spielberg Movies


On the 4th, and impromptu, episode of Mike vs the World ... I mentioned that I needed to do a top 5 list of Steven Spielberg movies in honor of Jurassic World. He is one of the icons in directing and has some amazing movies under his belt, so this was pretty easy for me to come out with my list. I do have to qualify something; if you notice a HUGE movie missing, it's because I've never seen Schindler's List. Sorry. 


5. JAWS
 

"I think we're going to need a bigger boat." I still quote this movie all the time, even nearly 40 years later. It's still one of the best animal disaster movies all time, but ironically not the best one on this list. The shark was not scary, but the John William's Jaws theme still gives me goosebumps to this day. 



4. CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

This movie took me by surprise because I didn't have huge expectations for it. I was, of course a huge fan of Tom Hanks, but wasn't sold on this Leonardo DiCaprio kid yet. I was sold on him by the end of this movie, it is the role that made me love Leo for now and forever. I also love the fact you're rooting for the bad guy them entire movie. 



3. INDIANA JONES AND THE RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK

The first of the Indiana Jones movies is still my favorite. I'm a sucker for origin stories as you know. This movie is two hours of charm and face-melting awesomeness. Also bringing a knife to a gun fight is one of my favorite scenes in movie history, Harrison Ford is a B-A-Double D, A-Double S. 



2. SAVING PRIVATE RYAN

Even as a teenager who grew up watching bloody horror movies, the first 20 minutes of this movie is a little tough to watch, probably because all of it could have easily happened. Probably Tom Hanks best role of all time besides Forrest Gump, his leading of the squad hunting for Matt Damon is nearly the perfect cinematic search and rescue mission ever. 



1. JURASSIC PARK

I will admit some nostalgia for this movie on my part, but I think any 11-year-olds watching this movie in the theater for the first time would agree that Jurassic Park just freaking rocks. I love the way the dinosaurs became a part of our world and the T-Rex Jeep scene has become one of the most iconic in movie history. This movie also began my obsession with velociraptors, that even today, I have a hard time escaping. 



Also Make sure to listen to Episode 4 of Mike vs. The World



No comments:

Post a Comment